Sometimes that is a HUGE deal in our house! And the best part is that these bins can be reused over and over and over again!! For our Halloween Bin I literally threw what ever I had around the house: pompoms, spiders, little bones, googly eyes, stickers, you really can just use what ever you have. I gave Zara a few activity sheets from our Boo Box that could use these items as well to keep the activity going even longer.
For the rice:
Ingredients- white rice, vinegar or lemon juice, ziplock bags and food coloring.
• I used one bag of white rice from the dollar store (about 5 cups)
• I put the rice in a large ziplock bag and added 1 tablespoon of lemon juice/concentrate for each cup of rice (you can also use vinegar)
• I then added food coloring to the bag and just mixed the rice around in the bag till the color was evenly spread
• Next, line a tray with foil (you can also use wax paper) and put the rice on it and spread it out to a thin layer.
• I left it over night before I let the kids use it. Put it in a container with a lid and add all the other Knick knacks.
Easy, simple and keeps kids of all ages busy!